Sunday, July 12, 2015

F.O Quilt Top




I feel like I have done nothing but sew this whole week, which is completely okay! I felt like this was the first week in a very long time where I was able to sit and put in the hours on something that I really wanted to work on.  I've had the squares for this quilt cut for a few months now (since about November) and I finally went out and got backing fabric and started sewing! 

Maybe it is because I haven't sewn in a while, or maybe it's because I used scrap fabrics that were not made of the same materials (some were 100% cotton, others were not) but throughout this project I did have a problem with some of the dimensions being a bit off when I tried piecing everything together.  I would really like to try to work on making my dimensions and cuts more precise.  I also would have liked the outer boarder to bit a bit wider, but I ran out of fabric.  This quilt is quite big already so I am okay with it being a bit smaller now.  

There are some duplicate fabric circles in the quilt and I wanted it to look a bit random so I just made sure that all of the duplicates were not directly next to each other.  In the end I really like how it came out!  Now I just have to pick some backing fabric and start quilting, but I think that will be on the back-burner for a while!  For now I will be just dreaming about the day when I can snuggle up and knit under this quilt!

I will be going to Otakon at the end of the month which is super exciting!  I went about two years ago with my friends and I had a great time!  I'm more into video games then anime but I still enjoyed going.  My favorite part of the weekend is seeing what crazy costumes people come up with!  As a crafter I am always amazed at what people can make! I really enjoy seeing the elaborate costumes and I always tell myself that I want to learn to sew garments.  I am working on a Final Fantasy costume for myself that I will be doing with my friend so I need to work on getting that done! I'm taking my time with it mainly because I have no idea what I'm doing.  However, she has been helping me when I have questions so hopefully it will turn out good! Two years ago we did a Sakizou costume which was really intense but luckily her mom helped us with a lot of it!  I would love to do one again one year when I learn more about sewing.

You can find my friend Deanna's Cosplay Page Here

Hope everyone has a good week!
-Jess



No comments:

Post a Comment