Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Crafting Update






I've done more crafting in the past few days now that school is over then I did all semester, and it feels so nice! Over the next few weeks I would love to focus on WIPs that really have been in the works for way too long, and its quite a lot!  I have a shawl on the needles, socks in progress, a crochet blanket with yarn literally everywhere, legwarmers on dpns, three cross stitch projects, a quilt that needs to be quilted, and another quilt in the works! And to add more fuel to the fire I just purchased two new quilt patterns by Johanna Masko from The Workroom (Donut Quilt and Modblocks).

I would love to finish up my Game of Thrones Socks and my Legwarmers by the time spring semester rolls around, but I would also like to continue to work on some other WIPS as well.  I have a few books I would like to read and my mother and I have been interested in trying a new craft, Putz House Making(under our tree we have a little cardboard stereotype).  All in due time!

Over the semester I did manage to finish reading The Fellowship of the Ring and I finished knitting an infinity scarf (just simple garter stitch).

Over the past few days I have been focusing on continuing making my Christmas Quilt from last year and on my Beauty and the Beast cross stitch.  I'm loving my cross stitch so far and I'm sure I will love it even more once I put the backstitching into it, but my quilt is a totally different story.  I am still a fairly new quilter and my piecing is looking very very bad.  Through this Christmas Quilt I have learned that I am a craft perfectionist.  I want to know that I did the best that I could on my quilt and right now the corners are not matching up, my measurements are off, I have even trimmed off spots to make everything fit and it is not sitting well with me.  So I think I need more practice before I move onto a quilt with this much piecing.  I'm very excited for my two new quilt patterns to come in the mail because I think they will be easy enough for me to practice on and I love looking through finished products on Instagram!  I have plans for a Christmas Donut quilt in place of the one I am working on as well as a Space Donut Quilt ( I found super awesome constellation backing fabric that I love)  In the meantime I think I will tink back and start ripping seams in my other quilt and cutting down fabric.  I can use the fabric for something else!

We are getting ready for Christmas over at our house!  I started baking some cookies and I am almost done with my Christmas shopping!  I hope everyone enjoys the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment