Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Sewing Central!









I've been super excited about my new sewing space!  This morning my dad and I put up my thread holder on the wall and I started sewing away!  I acquired two of my grandmother's sewing machines (one is in the sewing desk and the other on the floor) and I am super excited to learn how to use them, but for now I am using my mother's old sewing machine which I have always used and is the one that comes naturally to me.  So this little space is holding three sewing machines!  

I have a lamp from my Grandpa, a mason jar filled with buttons, an old vintage Disney tin which holds bobbins and a seam ripper, and my little Tokidoki Cactus Cat on the windowsill to keep me company! I wanted to keep the space simple and clean so I can have an easy time sewing.  I'm sure I will add things and change things in the future but for now it is perfect! 

I have been working on quite a few things this summer so far!  I've been wanting to make a cover for my tablet which is the patchwork with the little porcupine on it!  I have also been working on free quilt pattern I found on Pintrest (but for some reason failed to pin so I have no idea where it is) and I have been really enjoying it!  It is leaving me with tons of triangle scraps so I have been brainstorming some ideas that I can use them for.  I am thinking of doing some more scrap quilts with them or maybe try to do some patchwork bags or cup mats for my Etsy Shop.  I also would like to create some notion pouches and Nintendo DS cases for the shop, but these are all just a few ideas!  For now I am happy to have a permanent place where I can go and be creative and sew!  

No comments:

Post a Comment