Tuesday, February 2, 2016

When You Play the Game of Socks!





When it comes to sock knitting there is nothing I love more then to have perfectly matched socks, and this pair is perfect!  Yarn is by Nomadic Yarns in the When You Play the Game of Thrones colorway!  I originally worked on the first sock during the last season, and planned to work on the second one when the new season came out.  However I went on this kick of finishing all WIPs and using up all my yarn so I decided to finish them.  This was my first time working with Nomadic Yarns and I love this yarn!  The stripes matched perfectly all the way down to the bind off being red on the front of the sock and green on the back!  They are super cozy and make my feet very happy! The colors are perfect and captures almost every color of all of the houses in the series! The perfect fangirl socks! 

Most people when sock knitting have second sock syndrome, where they fly by knitting the first sock and procrastinate on the second.  I have the opposite problem.  I have first sock syndrome! The first sock normally takes me forever to knit (this first sock took me almost a year) while the second sock flies off the needles (the second sock took me about two and a half weeks).  It has been this way for all of the socks I have knit so far.  I think it is because I get so excited that I just have one more sock to knit and then the pair will be finished! 

School started and amidst all of the the work I have been enjoying some personal indulgences!  Some of my favorite things this week have been:
  • Agatha Christie's Hercule Poirot series!  I normally get into a kick watching this series around Christmas time and then it dies down until the next Christmas season (there is nothing more relaxing then snuggling up in a blanket with a cup of tea and figuring out a mystery).  However, this time around my obsession has been continuing all the way into February! 
  • Drinking tea out of fancy tea cups! Perhaps it has been the murder mysteries getting to me, but I feel like I'm a part of a different time in history when I hear the clink of my teacup hitting the saucer! 
  • Harry Potter!  As I mentioned in a previous post I have been re-reading the series for the billionth time! Almost done with the Goblet of Fire!
  • Planner and time organizing! I literally plan out my whole day into my planner, right down to when I have to do laundry!  I think it keeps me sane between working and school! And there is a great feel of satisfaction when I cross something off the list of things to do! 
I hope everyone is finding the time this week to do something you love!  We all need to pamper ourselves once in a while because we deserve it!


No comments:

Post a Comment