Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Star Scraps








First F.O of 2016 is my Star Scrap blanket!  As primarily a knitter, I find it hard to follow crochet patterns but I used The Crochet Crowd pattern for this star blanket!  The Crochet Crowd has wonderful videos and I always use the videos as reference when I work on crochet projects.  This year, as I mentioned previously in a post, I would like to really use up what I have.  For this project I had a lot of scrap wool so I decided to make a lap blanket.  At first I was not to thrilled with the colors but in the end I liked how it turned out!  I started the blanket after Christmas, so it was fairly fast to make!

This past weekend we had a giant blizzard!  On Friday I ended up going to my LYS and picked up some new sock needles and some sock yarn (despite my goal to use up stash).  Normally I knit socks on size US2 needles but I want my stitched to be a bit tighter so I ended up getting a size US1 and I like it so far!  I am using some stash yarn by Mode Knit Yarn in their Michonne color way that they came out with for The Walking Dead about a year and a half ago.  The pattern I am using is out of the Socks From the Toe Up book by Wendy D. Johnson (my sock knitting bible) called Dead Simple Lace Socks (to keep with The Walking Dead theme).  The new season comes out on February 14th so they are also doubling as my Valentines Day socks!

I also picked up a skein of Regia yarn when I got my needles and OH MY! I love it!  I have only knit the toe so far because I want to focus on my WalkingDead/Valentines Day socks, but what I have knit so far I love.  This is my first time working with Regia yarn and I am loving the patterning as well as the feel of the yarn.  Normally I wear socks under my hand knit socks, but I do not mind the feel of this yarn on my bare feet.  Only problem with it, is the cashier from the store never put the tag of the yarn in the bag.  Oh well!  

I hope everyone is enjoying the snow!  School started up again for me and I am super excited to have school come to a close soon! I graduate in the fall so I would really like to start keeping up with the blog more and posting more recipes and knitting related things!  We will see how much tine I have during the semester! For now until the semester really gets intense I will be continuing on with my yearly Harry Potter re-readathon! I find these books are the easiest to read while knitting because I have read them so many times that they actually lay flat!

No comments:

Post a Comment