Saturday, September 6, 2014

Easy Breezy Baked Pancake

Lately I have been obsessing over baked pancakes!  Yes, BAKED pancakes!  They are easy, fast, and so fun to make!  My mom and I have been experimenting and adding a bunch of different fruit to the mix including blueberries, bananas, raspberries, and next on our list are apples and of course peaches! I have been adapting the recipe to make it more healthy as well!

This recipe is perfect for a busy family, no more spending 15 minutes flipping pancakes, stores very well in the refrigerator and it also tastes great when heated up later!




Easy Breezy Baked Pancake with Blueberries, Banana, and Walnuts

Ingredients:
1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1T Ground Flax Seed (optional)
1-1/2 tsp Baking Powder
3T Granulated Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
3/4 Cup Whole Milk (or Almond Milk)
1 Egg
1/3 Cup Blueberries
1 Banana (sliced)
2 Walnuts (chopped small)
1 T Butter for pan
Cinnamon for sprinkling.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix flour, flax seed, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.  In a separate bowl whisk the egg and milk together.  Combine wet ingredients with dry and mix together.

Melt butter and coat pan.  Pour batter in pan.  Sprinkle blueberries, walnuts, place banana slices, and sprinkle cinnamon on top.  Can sprinkle more sugar on top if desired.

Bake in oven for about 25 minutes until golden brown.  Let cool 5 minutes before serving.  Cut pancake in "pizza" like slices.  Serve with syrup and any extra banana slices and blueberries on side.
Enjoy!

*Note: You can exchange blueberries, bananas, and walnuts for any other toppings.  Try just blueberries, or blueberries and raspberries combined!  Whole Wheat flour can also be exchanged for white flour.

*If sharing this recipe please link to this page. Thank you!


I have also been obsessed with mug-rugs!  I used this mug rug tutorial by Verykerryberry!  It was a great tutorial, super easy to follow, and I loved the result!  I used left over fabric from a bag I made a while ago and I feel super fancy when I am relaxing and using my mug rug and matching knitting bag at the same time! I have made another mug rug which I will be sending to my friend but I want it to be a surprise! The mug-rugs were a great way to practice free motion quilting without having to worry about messing up a huge quilt top!  I am thinking of making a few more before I move on and finish my Star Quilt (which I will do another blog post about when it is done).




No comments:

Post a Comment