Sunday, May 17, 2015

Roasted Granola




Summer means yummy ice cream, yogurt for breakfast and knitting outside!  One of my favorite toppings for yogurt and ice cream is homemade granola! Once you have ice cream with granola you can never have it with anything else again! Its so delicious!  My granola recipe is so simple, quick, healthy, and only uses a few ingredients. If you are allergic to nuts then you can simply take them out and add in raisins or dried cranberries after you roast the granola!

Homemade Roasted Granola
*If sharing this recipe please link to this page, thank you!


Ingredients: 
2 Cups Old Fashioned Oats (Make sure you do not use quick oats!)
1/4 Cup Honey
1tsp Cinnamon 
1/4 Cup Almonds(chopped/crushed)
1/4 Cup Walnuts (chopped/crushed)

Mix all ingredients together.  It may seem like there is not enough honey at first but just keep mixing until everything is blended together. Spray baking sheet/sheet pan with nonstick spray and add the granola mixture to it.  Make sure you make an even layer of the granola or else they wont toast evenly.  Roast in the oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.  Make sure every few minutes to mix around the granola so the outside edges of the pan do not get darker then the inside of the pan. 

Enjoy! 


School has been taking over my life so I have not had much time to craft.  The main project I have been working on have been these Game of Thrones Socks! The yarn is "When You Play The Game Of Thrones by Nomadic Yarns.  I adore this yarn! The colors are so vibrant, the yarn is so soft, and she even added in a color catching sheet in the package which is such a great little treat!  I will be buying more of her yarn in the future once I save up some money because it is a bit expensive.  I have been working on these socks only on Sunday night when Game of Thrones comes on so I have not made much progress, but that has been my only time to knit lately.  I also snagged two super cute progress markers from Sucre Sucre Miniatures and I adore them! I got a peach (of course!) and a carrot cake one and they make knitting so fun!  I am a very slow sock knitter so having these progress markers to help show me that I actually am making progress is super effective.  I want to buy all of her progress markers!

I am starting summer classes in a few days which will last about 3 weeks and I currently just started a new job which has been super exciting but I am hoping once I get settled down I will have some downtime and I can craft and knit more and enjoy my summer.  I have big summer crafting plans which includes another quilt (which I still never posted a photo of my other finished one) and a few larger knitting projects! I am hoping to blog more too and to add some more episodes to the podcast once I invest in a tablet. I think it will be easier to film and upload but we will see!

Enjoy the rest of the week everyone! I hope you all try the granola recipe and I hope you enjoy it!

-Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment