Monday, October 20, 2014

Pine Forest Baby Blanket












 I've been spending a lot of my free time knitting up a special present for a new member of our family!  My cousin and his wife are having a baby very soon and we are all so excited!  I wanted to make them something special because this is the first baby in the family!  They are waiting to find out the gender of the baby until he/she is born so I searched for a gender neutral pattern for the blanket.   The baby room is so cute!  It is owl themed and gray and blue so I also wanted to keep the same colors so it would match!

In the end I picked out Pine Forest Baby Blanket which is a free pattern on Ravelry!  The pattern was so easy to memorize which was great because if I didn't work on it for a few days I would still remember the pattern when I picked it up again.  I used really thick yarn and larger needles to make the blanket go faster.  Because of school I did not have all the time I wanted to work on it so I needed it to go a bit fast.  In the end I still ended up giving it to the parents later then I wanted because I had to order more yarn.  I used Baby Bee Yarn in the color Toy Elephant!  It is super soft!

Knit Nerd is also working on the Pine Forest Baby Blanket!  It is so fun to see someone knitting on the same project as you and also feeling a little bit overwhelmed by it as well!

I really wanted to make a cute tag for the gift as well with washing instructions.  I had some old owl fabric given to me by a friend and I thought it would be perfect because it matches the theme of the baby room!  I had a bunch of old mat board scraps from when I worked at the art gallery so I used one of them for the card and then I cut out two owls, a boy and a girl one, from the fabric and simply hot glued them onto the card.  If I had more time I would have loved to go out and get letter stencils to make the lettering look nicer, but overall I think it came out okay!



I am also working on another gift for a friend of mine so I cant post any photos, but you can see some of the early progress of the project on my instagram.  Hopefully it will be done soon so I can post some photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment